Lost and found
1) Post on Facebook! The information that you post will be shared throughout the animal shelter for staff to be aware of lost animals or found animals. The pages are: Lost Pets of Baton Rouge or Lost Pets of Zachary or Central City.
Include a picture, location (nearest large intersection) and date lost or found.
If you post on Zachary or Central, post on the Baton Rouge page, too!!
There are also Lost Pet Facebook pages for Livingston and Ascension and other areas.
2) Put up flyers and talk to your neighbors!
3) Post on nextdoor.com - a great forum in many neighborhoods.
4) Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Include:
WHERE and WHEN pet went missing or was found
YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION
5) Visit CAA. For lost pets, there is no substitute for you visiting the shelter yourself! All animals picked up by Animal Control are delivered to us. Our address, hours, and a map can be found on the contact page of this website.
Please be aware that Animal Control charges a fee to return lost pets to owners.
CAA also charges a fee which goes towards the feeding and care of animals while they are with us, but does not cover our costs. We cannot meet the needs of your pet without your assistance!
6) Craigslist BatonRouge.Craigslist.org
7) The Advocate You can place a FREE 3-line lost or found pet ad by calling 225.383.0111. The ad will run in the printed copy for 3 days. This will reach people who don't have internet or Facebook. Ask the Advocate representative if they can also list it online for 7 days.
8) Neighborhood association email list
If your pet has a microchip, make sure the registration is current.
If you found a pet, take him to a vet to scan for a chip.
When you find your pet, have it microchipped!
0) Notify your postman! They see lots of neighborhoods very close up.
Thank you for helping us keep animals out of the shelter!